2. HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU?Our primary purpose in collecting information about you in connection with your use of our Platforms is to provide you or connect you with products, services, information, and users that match your interests and preferences. However, we may use such information collected about you for a variety of commercial purposes. Without limitation, we may use such information to:
We may also use information about you that we collect in connection with your use of our Platforms for security, administrative, and legal purposes (including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues).Also, we may combine information about you that we collect in connection with your use of our Platforms with other records (such as those obtained from third parties) to develop a customer profile relating to you.
- enable your participation in activities on our Platforms;
- provide our offerings and services to you;
- confirm your identity;
- enforce our Platform policies and terms of service, and investigate potential violations of such policies or terms;
- fulfil an order that you place through any of our Platforms, including to process payment for any purchase made through any of our Platforms;
- respond to inquiries that you may have about any of our Platforms or services;
- administer your account on any of our Platforms;
- display content based upon your interests;
- enable you to search for information on our Platforms;
- list in our search and directory services any users who provide services through one of our Platforms;
- contact you regarding customer service and customer surveys;
- assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising;
- improve our Platforms;
- inform you of changes made to our Platforms;
- organize or carry out promotional activities, games or promotional events;
- inform you of products, services, promotions, offers, and competitions which you may find interesting, provided you have not opted out of receiving such information or, where required, we have your express consent;
- conduct research;
- understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services; and
- conduct other marketing and commercial activities.
3. HOW LONG DO WE MAINTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal data is processed. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases, which means that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary after you stop using our Platforms. Subject to the foregoing, we will endeavour to delete your personal data promptly upon your written request.
4. TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU?We may share or disclose information about you to third parties in the following situations:In connection with making the Platforms available to our users, we may disclose certain information about you (including your name, username, and date of birth) to other users of the Platforms, solely as directed by you or as authorized under our terms of service for the applicable Platform.We may disclose information collected about you to our affiliates—that is, to any entity that controls, or is controlled by, or is under common control with Astrotel Ltd, including, but not limited to, companies doing business under any of the following brands: Astrology42.com, Astromatch42.com, Theastrocoach.com, Cartasdebebes.com and Astrologia42.com. However, personal data collected about you by one entity in our corporate family will not be disclosed to any affiliate (i.e., to any other entity in our corporate family) for their direct marketing purposes, without your consent.C. Third-Party Service Providers.We also disclose information collected about you to our third-party service providers and other partners who perform services on our behalf in connection with any of the Platforms. The services provided by such third parties and partners include services in the following categories:
- processing payments on our behalf;
- helping us to provide products or services that you request;
- sending marketing communications on our behalf;
- authenticating identities on our behalf;
- helping us to create or maintain our databases
- helping us to research or analyze the people who use our Platforms; and
- testing our Platforms.
5. WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES FOR COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?Please see our Cookies Policy linked in the footer of the applicable Platform.
6. HOW DO WE SECURE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU?We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information collected in connection the use of our Platforms. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT FULLY ELIMINATE THESE RISKS AS, DESPITE OUR BEST INTENTIONS, NO TECHNOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SECURE. OUR PLATFORMS ARE OPERATED ON SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND NETWORKS, ANY COMPONENT OF WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, EXPERIENCE BREACHES OF SECURITY OR OTHER ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that any information collected about you, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk.You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share your user name or password with others.
7. DO OUR PLATFORMS SUPPORT “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS?At this time, our websites do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. If you turn on the “Do Not Track” setting on your browser, our websites are not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
8. DO WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR OWN DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES?No. We do not disclose your personal data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent.
10. WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON USE OF OUR PLATFORMS BY CHILDREN?Although some of our Platforms are restricted to individuals age 18 and above, others are accessible to children under the age of 18. However, none of our Platforms is designed or intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR PLATFORMS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.If you learn that your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will delete that data from our systems.
11. HOW CAN YOU CORRECT, UPDATE OR MAKE CHOICES ABOUT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU THAT WE ARE STORING?If any of your personal data that we are storing changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, or delete information about you, or ask that it be removed from public forums (such as directories, blogs, or testimonials) on our Platforms, by calling us at (877) 533-6435 or emailing us oono the website, or (for some information) by logging into your profile on the applicable Platform and making changes in your account settings. We will attempt to respond to your request within 30 days. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal data, in which case we will endeavour to let you know that we are unable to do so and why. For example, we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep certain information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Facebook, Twitter, or other SNS account linked to your Platform account, you must de-link the SNS from the applicable Platform by logging into your profile for such SNS and changing your preferences. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between our Platforms and your social media account.C. Stopping Certain Communications From Us.1. Emails. We may communicate with you by email at various times about your account and transactions, as well as regarding various customer service matters, customer surveys, and promotions, including special offers and updates about new products and services. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails from us at any time simply by following the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Email Preferences” link at the bottom of any promotional email, or by logging into your profile on the applicable Platform and changing your account preferences. Please note that you may not opt out of receiving non-promotional emails regarding your account or your transactions with us.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: