Get your Free Natal Chart online here
You can generate your free natal chart here. A Natal Chart is also called a birth chart. A chart provides you the information that you need for your birth chart that goes beyond your basic Sun sign. With your horoscope and natal chart complete, you will discover the signs and placements of ALL the planets (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, etc.) in your chart at birth. The free natal chart reveals keys to your personality.
Do unlimited free birth charts for yourself and your friends/families. Discover your moon sign, rising sign (ascendant) and put the whole picture together!
Instructions on filling in the calculator to get your birth chart or a date of event
- Fill in your date of birth for a natal chart aka horoscope of birth, or the date of the event for any other kind of horoscope.
- Type in the place or city that you were born and the country you were born in and you will see a list of suggestions. Pick the one correct for you.
Note: If it does not have the exact location you are after, you can often go to the nearest place that you were born.
- Put in your Time of birth. The more precisely you know the time, the better. If you know it approximately, use some reasonable approximation. Only tick the Time Unknown box if you have no idea about the time. In that case, you will get a cosmogram that is a horoscope without houses. (if you do not know you time of birth, see below)
- Once you input the information, hit submit. A birth chart will appear.
- Click the icons to receive popup information about what the planets mean, the signs that the planets are under and the houses that the planets are inside. Not all of them are covered in the lessons right now, but more lessons are coming.
You do not know your birth time or have no exact time of birth.
Since many people do not consider the precise time of birth to be important, the time on a birth certificate can well be the time the doctor saw on his watch when leaving the operating room or the approximate time the grandmother remembered later in the day.
Rounding the time such as 10:00 or 1:30 (instead of 9:53 or 1:37) is most likely approximate. If the Ascendant cusp is in the middle of a sign, this doesn’t change much. However, if the cusp is close to the neighboring sign, the Ascendant may be wrong.
If you ignore the time of birth, check “Time unknown”, the chart will be calculated at noon, and the house will not be computed or used in other functions such as daily horoscopes or love comparisons.
Natal Chart faqs
Here are some typical questions that we often get regarding the natal chart.
"My rising sign on this birth chart is different than I expected, how come?"
The rising sign changes every two hours. Your time must be accurate to get the proper rising sign. In many cases, people are given incorrect rising signs when the astrologer or software program calculates the time zone incorrectly. There are many loopholes in the time zone laws; daylight savings time rules didn’t standardized until 1966. Provided you have entered your location and date and time correctly and your town is in our database, and then you can trust this natal chart as being accurate.
“Does the degrees mean that I have these characteristics more than others?”
The degrees listed on the printout are just the position in the sky where the planet is in degrees of longitude. Generally, the interpretations are in order of importance, with the Sun, Moon, and Rising Sign being the most important and ‘personal’ and Pluto being least important. But each planet has its area of your life that it rules.
“The houses on this free birth chart are not the same as another astrology chart from elsewhere, why?”
There are many different methods of calculating the house cusps (border lines). No method is more ‘correct’ than the other methods, and the results vary slightly from one method to the next. There is no debate about the position of the planets; the planets are where they are. Houses, however, are synthetic points in the sky created by astrologers and there is much debate among astrologers as to how these houses should be arranged, particularly the 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 12th house cusps